Monday, January 5

NXT Simulation


A reader, Hugo Vivier, has told me about a very cool program that simulates the NXT on the computer. Here's what he says.

I would like to share something interesting with LEGO NXT Mindstorms and the MS Robotics Developer Studio, it is a package which contains a 3D simulation of the TRIBOT.

You can use this package to practice with 3D robotic simulation.

The MSRDS will allow you to design programs that you will be able to test both on your computer (in the simulated version) and on your real Tribot, via the package interface.

Almost all the sensors are implemented in the simulation.

Demo programs and tutorials are already done, you can also control your robot with a Xbox pad if you have one.

For the moment, only the TRIBOT is available, but if people discuss about new robots on the forum, maybe we will create new ones.

The Simply Sim website

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

High NXTMONGER, I have that animation too, but it has to be occasional though, my labtop's graphic card can't really show it, sord of has issues. But it looks like you can test your programming virtually before actually adding it in.

Onstitute.academy said...

Hi.... I have question regarding NXT Simulation tool. I want to create 2 robots in the same screen and when they will touch one of them will go backwards. But with nxtsim package whenever I am writing 'NxtRobot robot = new NxtRobot();' in my Java Code it is opening a different window.

Please suggest what should I do

Arghya

NXTMonger said...

You should go on their website and ask one of the actual developers